Our Easy Chocolate Ganache recipe can be the perfect fruit dip, chocolate ganache frosting, or even whip it for the best whipped chocolate ganache frosting. So easy to make and eat!
My daughter loves helping in the kitchen with all sorts of recipes, but one of her favorite meals to make is a dessert that has chocolate!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
Making chocolate ganache is really simple and we’ll show you how easy it is in this post. Those little hands you see belong to my mini chef who was 4 at the time.
quality ingredients = best ganache recipe
Rule of thumb, if you won’t eat the chocolate plain, don’t use it to make a ganache recipe. Side note: this also goes for anything you’ll be using chocolate for. If you want to eat something that tastes great make sure you’re using quality so the end result will be just as delicious.
When we make chocolate cake we usually make our easy chocolate ganache recipe and since then she has loved making the chocolate ganache. Chocolate ganache is really easy to make and there are so many ways to use it too.
Kay loves seeing the cream and chocolate become one, slowly as you mix it. It’s so fun to mix and watch!
WAYS TO USE GANACHE:
- Ganche Covered Cakes
- Top Cupcakes
- Ganache Filling for Cakes and Cupcakes
- Whipped Chocolate Ganache For Cakes (wait until cooled and whip it good!)
- Topping for Ice Cream
- Topping for Cookies and Doughnuts
- Truffles >> try out our Hot Chocolate Truffle Balls
- Use as you would use Chocolate Syrup
- Fruit Dip
How to make a GOOD ganache:
The key to a good ganache is using good chocolate. There’s no way you’re going to make a chocolate that doesn’t taste good by itself taste like a good ganache. Don’t waste ingredients and always opt for the chocolate you would eat plain.
When we make these my daughter loves to save the leftovers from our desserts for dipping fruit. Her favorite fruit to dip is strawberries!
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
You can store your ganache at room temperature for 2 days, but it’s best to refrigerate. We’ve kept it for up to a month in the refrigerator. You can also freeze ganache.
Ganache frosting makes topping a cake much easier for a mini chef. They can easily pour or drizzle the chocolate ganache frosting right over the cake. 🙂
If you enjoyed our Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe don’t forget to pin for later!
Be sure follow us on Pinterest! We’re always pinning simple and tasty recipes!
Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pour the chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring the heavy cream, butter, and sugar to a boil.
- Pour the boiling cream mixture over the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate and cream mixture to sit for 3 minutes before mixing.
- Mix the chocolate and cream mixture until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Use as desired.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Mermaid Ice Cream Dream Shake // Finding Zest
- Watermelon Ice Pops Recipe Kids Can Make // Eating Richly
- Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas with Simply Organic Simmer Sauce // Vegging at the Shore
- Kids 4th of July Party // My Mini Adventurer