Have you ever tried empanadas? I LOVE them, but making them.. not so much. I love all the delicious fillings in an empanada too but always wish it was a little heartier. I’m very picky about olives too. I actually didn’t like olives until recently so the fact that I love black olives now is kind of insane. 🙂
I decided to make my own twist on the original empanadas recipe and make an empanada bowl recipe of my own! I love to make my own spice mixes and of course I’m cursed with my grandma’s taste it until you get the seasoning perfect recipe writing skills 😉 So instead of making this a bazillion times I went to the store and bought and organic package of taco seasoning mix. Tastes just as good as my taste until it’s good seasoning!
Empanada Bowl Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork beef, or chicken
- 3 small yukon potatoes diced & boiled
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can olives drained and sliced
- 4 hardboiled eggs chopped
- In a large pan brown the meat on medium low heat.
- Once the meat is cooked thoroughly (about 15-20 minutes) add in water to cover the meat.
- Add in potatoes with seasoining mix into the meat.
- Allow the seasoning to cook in for 10-15 minutes, covered.
- Then add in the olives, eggs, and stir to combine.
- Enjoy with sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.