This Marshmallow Fondant recipe is easy to make and it’s fondant that tastes good too! You’ll love making and molding this with this fondant recipe that is great for topping cakes and cupcakes.
I have always loved making cakes at home and rarely purchase a storebought cake. The one thing I have always hated on any cake is fondant. It tastes absolutely horrible and it’s just there for show, what a waste! With my homemade marshmallow fondant, you can actually eat and enjoy it with the cake!
Why is my marshmallow fondant flavorful and delicious? I like to add flavoring of course! I add in some vanilla and almond extract, the base is marshmallows, it’s sweet and delicious – everyone loves it! I typically do an all chocolate cake and when I make a chocolate cake I always make my best chocolate cake recipe, why is it the best? It’s a dump it all in the bowl and go type of recipe, my favorite!
How to Make Marshmallow Fondant
- 16 oz marshmallows mini
- 2-5 tbs water
- 2 lbs confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup red palm shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- In a glass bowl combine 2 tablespoons water and the mini marshmallows. This takes about 11-12 minutes.
- Place melted marshmallows mixer bowl that is lightly greased with palm oil and extracts.
- Attach the dough hook and add about 3/4 cup of the sugar at a time to the marshmallows on low speed.
- Once a ball forms start kneading on sugar dusted counter top.
- Make sure to knead for about 8 minutes.
- If the fondant is too dry add a little bit of water, in this case, a little goes a long way.
- Once you can feel that the fondant is smooth and not tearing rub the fondant with a little shortening and double wrap in plastic. It's best to let it sit overnight.
- Next day you can knead and color as desired.