This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
Quick and Easy Dinner – Korean Style BBQ Meatballs with Warm Coleslaw will be a new family favorite meal!
We picked up Cooked Perfect’s fully cooked fresh meatballs in Korean Style BBQ flavor at the grocery store the other day and we were looking for a quick and easy way to turn them into a complete meal for dinner.
We all love coleslaw and I had planned to make this with a cold coleslaw, but after trying the meatballs and really tasting all the flavors I was inspired to make a warm coleslaw recipe. I used most of the ingredients that were in the sauce for the meatballs this way it could be served together.
The weather has finally been nice here and we’re excited to be out in the sun. Since I’m still recovering from surgery that I had last month I need to cook quick and easy meals. I had my husband help me all of May, but now that it’s June I need to get back into the kitchen. Plus, he goes back to work soon.
It was so nice to have him home and helping me, especially with Kay. Who knew 4 year olds have so much energy? Chris now knows just how much energy she has. It was too funny seeing his reaction after they went to the park outside, park at the mall, and then even grocery shopping without a single nap. He was ready for a nap himself. 😉
When they got home they were ready for dinner! I knew exactly what I was going to make. A comforting and delicious warm meal. I paired the Korean Style BBQ Meatballs with a warm coleslaw and use all of the complimenting flavors in the coleslaw. I used ginger, coconut aminos (soy alternative), brown sugar, sesame seeds, and green onions (scallions).
I love that they’re fresh and can be cooked quickly in the microwave too. You get a decent amount too, 16 meatballs and there’s no preservatives or artificial ingredients*. (except textured soy flour An excellent source of protein)
My daughter loves to eat the meatballs, but she actually didn’t want the slaw. She’s SO picky about some things so if you have a picky kiddo she likes her Korean Style BBQ Meatballs with some quinoa and rice mixed together. She’s a happy camper with this combo. 🙂
Warm Coleslaw to pair with your Korean Style BBQ Meatballs!
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs come in 4 different flavors: (available in Mid-Atlantic, North East, and Chicago)
- Korean Style BBQ Beef & Pork
- Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken
- Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken
- Italian Style Beef & Pork
Why we chose Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs: (Find a store)
- No preservatives
- All natural
- Fully cooked
- Easy to prepare
- Contain real cheese
- Savory herbs
- Flame broiled (locks in flavor!)
- Can be cooked in the microwave (steam pouch maintains moisture, cooks in just 2 minutes!)
Korean Style BBQ Meatballs with Warm Coleslaw
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- sliced green onions *garnish
- sesame seeds *garnish
- 1 package Korean Style BBQ Meatballs
- In a large skillet cook the coleslaw mix with coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Keep stirring and cooking until coleslaw is cooked down.
- Heat meatballs in the microwave or skillet according to package instructions.
- Once fully cooked plate coleslaw and top with Korean Style BBQ Meatballs, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.