Delicious 4 Layer Brownies with Oreo cookies definitely satisfy the sweet tooth. These brownies are always gone within minutes at the dessert table!
Who doesn’t love brownies and Oreos? These brownies are a family favorite and everyone grabs one as soon as we set the tray down. We love having fun with this recipe for holidays we’ll even use the colored Oreo cookies. You could also use mint Oreos and flavor the cream to be minty as well for a chocolate peppermint dessert.
CAN THESE BE MADE IN ADVANCE?
Absolutely! You actually need to refrigerate them to set so we always make in advance.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR 4 LAYER BROWNIES?
- 1 batch of homemade brown mix or boxed brownie mix
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- 1 batch of our homemade chocolate ganache
HOW DO YOU MAKE LAYERED BROWNIES?
- First, you’ll prepare your brownie batter and then place the Oreos into the brownie batter.
- Bake the Oreos into the brownie batter.
- While the brownie is baking in the oven you can prep the cream and ganache layers.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and allow to cool before adding the remaining layers.
- Once the brownies are cooled you can top with the cream layer and then finish with the ganache layer.
- Before slicing allow the ganache to fully cool and set for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- You could easily add more layers like crushed nuts, a drizzle of caramel, sprinkles, or even chopped Oreos on top.
- We prefer to enjoy this chilled, but you could also add mint Oreos and add mint to the cream layer to make this a minty dessert.
This article was written by Courtney’s Sweets, the recipe is from our guest chef Amanda.
4 Layer Brownies
- 1 box brownies prepared in 13x9 pan
- 30 Oreos
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 batch ganache
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by lining it with a sheet of foil. Spray the foil with a non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the boxed directions and ingredients.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Take 24 of the Oreos and push them into the brownie batter, making 6 rows of 4 cookies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, removing from oven when a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before moving to the next step.
- Remove the cooled brownies from the pan, using the foil overhang, and place the slab and foil onto a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, or a stand mixer, cream the butter.
- Add in the powdered sugar, milk, salt and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated.
- Take the remaining 6 oreos, chop them up into pieces and fold them into the filling.
- Spread the filling over the cooled brownies and chill in the fridge until firm.
- Prepare a batch of our homemade ganache.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the brownies and spread it evenly. Refrigerate for at least an hour, until the chocolate is completely set.
- Take the brownies out and slice with a large knife, making quick cuts to prevent the top from cracking.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.