Maple & Apple Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties with a drizzle of organic Maple Syrup, and then topped with a fried egg = breakfast perfection.
My family loves breakfast. I’m sure everyone absolutely wishes they had time in the morning to make a full blown breakfast. In reality we’re shoveling down whatever we can find these days. This is a delicious fall breakfast recipe and guess what? Maple & Apple Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties even freeze well too! Kay loves when I take one out for breakfast and cook and egg to go along with it. Hubby has to be out the door by 6am, so making breakfast is usually a scramble! We truly love to prepare ahead so we can ensure we’re eating well! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
I tend to like them a little less sweet, so if you want you can actually use a little more maple sugar or even add brown sugar. Just don’t forget you can actually pour some maple syrup on these once they’re done! Also if you’re not a fan of pork, why not make Maple & Apple Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties? Kay still cannot have poultry so we’re stuck with pork or beef. I think beef is more of a fitting sausage meat. I’m just excited my kiddo can finely eat sausage! Store bought sausage can have so many fillers and especially contain soy. Soy is her biggest FPIES trigger! Scary stuff. You wouldn’t believe how many things contain soy. In fact, go look at any prepackaged items you own, almost half without a doubt will contain or come in contact with soy, sadly.
I usually make a double batch since they’re freezer friendly and we have enough for the entire month. We make them small so they’re kid-friendly as well as easy and fun to eat. Just a few simple ingredients and you’ll be enjoying Maple & Apple Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties!
PIN our Pork Breakfast Sausage for later
Homemade Apple Pork Breakfast Sausages! If you love breakfast sausage you'll love this maple apple pork sausage patty recipe
- 2 apples finely chopped (we went apple picking and they were much smaller then what you'd get in the grocery store!)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 teaspoons maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- pinch of himalayan sea salt and pepper
- In a small sauce pan cook the apples until softened using a little water.
- Once the apples are softened fold mix them and the seasonings into the pork.
- Form into patties and cook in a pan about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup and a fried egg on top!
- *You can also cook the sausages in a sprig of fresh rosemary for more flavor!