Our Maple Salmon Recipe is one of my favorite baked salmon recipes! When you make this maple glazed salmon recipe you’ll never want to make any other salmon any other way. The maple sauce marinade is so delicious and not just for salmon, you could even use it on shrimp, pork, chicken, or even beef.
We enjoy salmon at least once a week in our house. When I see fresh wild caught Alaskan King Salmon in the supermarket, I have to get it! If I don’t buy that I usually get frozen wild caught salmon.
The frozen wild caught is still good, but nothing beats the king salmon in flavor, texture, and it’s just pure perfection. You want good flavor on your fish and this recipe for salmon with maple syrup and orange is perfection.
Talking about the type of salmon we purchase.. we do not purchase farm raised salmon. I know some love and purchase it regularly, but for our family, we opt for wild caught.
I can’t say we never eat it, as we may eat it when out and not know, but for our home purchase we always go for wild caught, you can tell the difference in flavor.
We like to marinate our salmon when we do any type of sauce. It really helps the flavors get into the salmon. We recommend marinating for 20-30 minutes, but no more than 30 minutes.
Fish is very delicate and isn’t something that needs to be marinated too long to get the flavors of the marinade.
To marinate our salmon or any other protein we like to use a glass dish with a lid. We use this dish just for marinating our proteins.
Fish is very delicate and isn’t something that needs to be marinated too long to get the flavors of the marinade. To marinate our salmon or any other protein we like to use a glass dish with a lid.
We use this dish just for marinating our proteins.
My family is a huge fan of this salmon recipe. It has sweet notes and the maple sauce reminds us of our favorite Asian Cuisine, but you don’t even need to leave your house for this recipe.
In fact, you can cook this recipe quicker than you can expect takeout to arrive.
My daughter loves this meal with rice and I usually double the marinade so I can make extra sauce for our rice and broccoli.
Recently we had some potatoes and zucchini and thought it would be a great way to turn our favorite maple salmon recipe into a sheet pan meal. Sheet pan dinners are a total time saver. I love just placing everything onto the cookie sheet and it all cooking together.
MAPLE SALMON RECIPE VIDEO
This maple salmon recipe would be great with some fresh side dishes like:
Maple Salmon Recipe
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce, soy sauce has more sodium)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- pinch of pepper
- veggie mix
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix salmon with marinade ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- While salmon is in the fridge prep the veggie mix.
- Mix potatoes, zucchini, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper together.
- Once the fish is done marinating remove from marinade and place it onto a parchment lined the cookie sheet with the veggies.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Pour the marinade into a small pan and cook until reduced.
- Top the salmon with the marinade once fully cooked and enjoy.
- We like to cook our salmon until it reaches 145 degrees.