Happy National Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day! Today my mini chef is sharing how she makes Mini Ice Cream Brownie Muffins! They’re so good even without the ice cream on top. 🙂 For awhile now I’ve wanted to create a mini kitchen for my mini chef on Mini Chef Mondays. We’re so grateful to KitchenAid and can’t thank them enough for sending her a countertop oven and now, their new Mini Mixer, the Artisan® Mini 3.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer. It’s the perfect size for all of our Mini Chef Mondays creations. 🙂
As soon as she saw her new Guava Glaze KitchenAid Mixer she was going on and on about how much she loved it, and doesn’t need to use mommy’s mixer anymore. She is beyond thrilled to have it and she even got to pick the color of the mixer and oven. That’s what we truly love about KitchenAid products, you can pick any color that fits your kitchen and style. We’re going to get her a mini food processor for Christmas, so I’m going to slyly ask her favorite color for that too. 🙂
I purchased a small mini cupcake tray from our local store and then asked my mini chef what she wanted to make for National Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day. She instantly said “brownies, oh, oh, oh, and ice cream too!”. She loves the ice cream and brownies combo, who doesn’t? 🙂
If you’re looking for more fun recipes to try with your mini chef, we have quite a few on our Mini Chef Mondays recipe page. Stay tuned as we’ll be making even more delicious recipes in our pretty pink mixer too! 🙂 My mini chef loves her new kitchen area, and it’s just about complete! It will have all she needs aside from running water. 😉
- 1 box brownie mix or your favorite brownie recipe
- small sandwich cookies
- vanilla ice cream
- mini chocolate chips
- Make your brownie batter as instructed and preheat oven to temperature.
- Place the brownie batter into your muffin tins and top with the mini sandwich cookie, smash down or put the cookie in first if you prefer the cookie on the bottom.
- Place the brownies in the oven and bake according to instructions.
- Once the brownies are done smash them down with a spoon to make a little "bowl" for the ice cream.
- As soon as your brownies are cooled, top with the ice cream and mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze until ice cream is frozen and enjoy!
A quick tip, as much as we loved the cupcake liners, they were a pain to take off once frozen. While they’re cute.. they’re not ideal. They’re still delicious, but a little work to get to your treat. 🙂 My mini chef loves to use liners, so I guess we’ll still use them again, haha!