This is partnered post with OREO for Yummly.
A delicious treat for the holiday season is as simple as crushing some OREO cookies and mixing in some cream cheese. I kid you not. I’m not a huge fan of those cake pops people make, and prefer my cake in cake form with icing on top. I really didn’t expect to like the OREO cookie balls or eat half of the “Batter” while making them. That’s the fun part – you can it as is or make them pretty and no one’s going to judge you, they might just join you!
Traditional OREO cookie balls are delicious as is, but it made me think of eating cookie dough when I was eating the batter so I whipped up an egg-less chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and rolled in inside of my delicious OREO cookie balls. I love the simplicity – these are so delicious quick and easy and recipes like that are perfect recipes when you’re having guests and don’t want to be in the kitchen by a hot oven. Sharing is caring, and instead of sharing oreo cookies and milk definitely try this fun twist on America’s Favorite Cookie! Why does this seem like a holiday recipe to me? Well, because every holiday I make chocolate chip cookies!! 🙂
Like I said I used an egg-less cookie dough recipe, I made the full batch and ate about half before doing the balls.. no judgement here right? 🙂
OREO Cookie Balls Filled with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. 4 oz. each BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, broken into pieces, melted
- 1/2 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough egg-less
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE Flatten OREO mixture and fill with a mini chocolate chip cookie dough ball, form OREO ball around cookie dough.
- Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
Find more fun cookie ball recipes using OREO cookies https://www.snackworks.com/recipes/desserts/cookie-balls.aspx.