Pancake Muffins are great on-the-go breakfast for the whole family. Just bake the pancakes in a muffin tin with your favorite toppings for a fun breakfast treat.
They’re also perfect to bring to a family or friends for brunch and we love bringing them to our homeschool gatherings. Many children suffer from food allergies and we make sure our pancake muffins are nut free too!
Have you ever made pancakes in muffin tins? You guys, it’s so much fun and great for an on the go breakfast! These are especially fun to bring to public gatherings where you know your friends will be too! My daughter loves making and eating pancake muffins, and you can get as creative as you want with the toppings!
Pancake muffins don’t really need to be sweetened with maple syrup if you’re adding toppings, but another option to adding maple syrup which can be sticky is to use maple syrup into the pancake muffin batter.
how to make pancake muffins
You won’t believe how easy it is to make pancake muffins and you most likely have all of the ingredients in your cabinet.
Pancake Muffin ingredients
- baking powder
- toppings of choice
Mix all of the ingredients together and then place the pancake batter into the muffin tin. You can grease the muffin tins with butter or you can use liners, which is great for bringing to others!
You can use whatever toppings you like, we use cinnamon sugar, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
Once they bake some of the ingredients will fall into the center, yum! You can add a little more to the top once they are hot out of the oven too.
How cute are our easy pancake muffins? Don’t you want to eat them up? YOU CAN! 😀
You can make them mini or regular sized, if you make mini you’ll want to reduce the cooking time.
I like making the traditional size. It’s great for my daughter and her friends. I love putting them into a basket on a Sunday morning before we start our day and bringing it out for her and her friends to enjoy; even the parents love them!
These cupcakes are super moist without oil or butter.
It makes our pancake muffins moist and delicious!! 🙂
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 3/4 cups milk we use full fat oat milk for dairy free
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled – we use country crock plant butter for dairy free
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes until you see it start to get a bit airier from the baking soda.
- Fill a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners and fill about 1/3 of the way.
- Top pancake muffins with your favorite toppings, you could do fresh fruit, cinnamon sugar, chocolate chips, sprinkles, or even leave some plain.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.