These Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars are the perfect combo of snickerdoodle cookies and cheesecake but now you can enjoy them together in a dessert bar! So good that everyone will ask for the recipe.
My daughter loves snickerdoodle cookies and my husband loves cheesecake. We all love both so what better way to enjoy the best of both worlds than combine them both into a dessert bar! The top is that delicious snickerdoodle cookie we all know and love and the middle is a rich and creamy cheesecake layer, then the bottom is a golden Oreo crust, YUM!
Snickerdoodle cheesecake bar ingredients and notes:
- Golden Oreo cookies – We use these to make the crust, the bottom layer.
- Unsalted butter – Whenever you’re baking we suggest using unsalted butter or omitting the salt if you can only use salted (for example using vegan butter)
- Cream Cheese – You can’t get that good cheesecake flavor without cream cheese!
- Egg – This helps bind the recipe.
- Vanilla extract – We use and recommend good quality vanilla.
- Sugar – Granulated, regular sugar.
- Sugar cookie dough – We use Pillsbury premeade sugar cookie dough.
- Cinnamon – That delicious snickerdoodle flavor comes from cinnamon!
Step by Step photos and quick instructions:
To find the full ingredients and instructions on how to make snickerdoodle cheesecake bars scroll down to the recipe card.
These bars are easy to make and have three layers. First you’ll combine the butter and golden Oreos to make the crust and press it into a prepared pan.
Next, you’ll combine the egg, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla for the cheesecake layer. Then you’ll smooth it over the golden Oreo crust.
After the cheesecake layer comes the snickerdoodle cookie layer. We combine some sugar and cinnamon to make a cinnamon-sugar mixture and then flatten some of the sugar cookie dough and dip it right into the cinnamon sugar. Then you’ll lay those on top of the cheesecake layer.
Then all you have to do is bake and enjoy!
- If you don’t like Golden Oreos you could make a graham cracker crust instead.
- We recommend refrigerating the snickerdoodle cheesecake bars once they are cooled.
- These are perfect to bring to holiday parties! We refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lining the pan with parchment or foil is optional but helps with easy release of the bars.
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerate: Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3 days.
How to serve
These cookie bars are best served chilled but if you don’t like them super cold you can take them out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to serving. Serve as a dessert.
Yes, you can do any type of crust. Shortbread, graham cracker, or even nilla wafers.
We don’t recommend freezing unless you must as it changes the texture a bit.
Yes, you can! We just prefer making this a quick and easy recipe by using storebought and our preferred is Pillsbury sugar cookie dough.
MORE DESSERT BAR RECIPES
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Pecans
- Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Swirl
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 26 Golden Oreo Cookies
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16.5 oz sugar cookie dough we use packaged by Pillsbury
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9inch baking pan by lining it with foil or parchmentand spraying with a non-stick spray.
- In a food processor, grind the Oreo cookies until they are fine in texture. Add in melted butter and mix until all of the Oreo crumbs are coated. Flatten and press the Oreo cookie mixture onto the bottom of your prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, and in the vanilla until all of the lumps are gone and the mixture is creamy. Pour this mixture of the bottom crust layer and spread to the edges. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- Use a cookie scoop or scoop to scoop about 2 inch sized balls from the cookie dough package. Roll the dough into a ball, press it flat, and then press it into the cinnamon sugar. Coat both sides of the cookies. Line the coated cookie dough pieces all along the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Once the top layer is finished, sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the middle of the pan is set and the edges are golden brown. Allow the bars to cool for about 30 minutes. Cover the pan and then refrigerate the bars for 2-3 hours until they are completely set.
- Cut into desired size bars, we get about 16 bars and store them in the fridge.
- Lining the pan with parchment or foil is optional but helps with the easy release of the bars.
- You may not use all cookie dough depending on the sizes of cookie dough you used.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!