Post Sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own.
Summer is coming to an end soon and I’m making it a point to enjoy every bit that’s left! I’m always at Target, in fact it’s our hang out spot. Baby girl and I go there at least 3 times a week! We go for toilet paper and end up getting a ton of other things we just have to have. I love their low prices on everything, including ice cream! Kay is an ice cream monster. She could/would eat ice cream all day if you let her! I love to make sure we have a nice cool summer treat in the freezer for her and her friends when the days are hot!
My favorite ice cream treat is Klondike Bars! Right now they have a huge sale – when you purchase Unilever brand ice cream and score free ice cream!
BUY 3 of the below and get 1 free:
- Popsicle (orange, cherry and grape)
- Fruttare Strawberry
- Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake
- Magnum Double Caramel
- Klondike Original
- Buy 3, Get 1 Free (8/9/15 –9/5/15) *Offer not available in California, Nevada, Louisiana, and Colorado.
Since I love Klondike Bars so much I wanted to create a fun and summery treat using them! Everyone loves Klondike Bars and everyone loves strawberries and bananas too, right?
When think of this as a Banana Split Klondike, our Strawberry Banana Klondike Bar Recipe is a crowd pleaser and it’s SO simple to make! I like to drizzle an instantly hardening chocolate shell over the strawberries and bananas, but you could even keep them on their own without the chocolate drizzle. I place all the fruit on top and freeze until our guests come. I like to put a little tinfoil over them when storing if I can’t get the wrapped to fit perfectly.
These is my favorite summer treat. I just love the fresh fruit with my all time favorite Klondike Bars!
Strawberry Banana Klondike Bar Recipe | Treating Myself More! #MoreTreats #spon
- 2 klondike bars
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 strawberries sliced
- hardening chocolate sauce:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Arrange the strawberries and bananas on the klondike bars and place back into the freezer so the fruit can chill.
- Meanwhile in a small sauce pan heat up the coconut oil and chocolate chips on medium low heat. Once the chocolate just starts to melt remove from the heat and whisk quickly to melt all chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate sauce to cool and then drizzle over the strawberry banana klondike bars.
- Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.