4th of July Chocolate Dipped Cones are perfect for the summer holiday or even Memorial Day! Easy recipe for kids in the kitchen.
These holiday-themed Fourth of July chocolate filled cones are as much fun to make as they are to eat! Kids will love making them and of course, eating them too! This is a great recipe for the whole family to enjoy and even great for parties.
Love the chocolate at the bottom too? Check out our chocolate dipped cones!
RECIPE INGREDIENTS AND NOTES
- Ice cream cones
- Chocolate Melts
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make 4th of July chocolate dipped cones see the recipe card below.
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- Use your favorite ice cream cones, you could also do it with ice cream cone waffle bowls.
- This is easy to alter to any color for any theme or holiday.
HOW TO SERVE
You can serve it with ice cream, whipped cream, berries, fresh fruit, candy, whatever you prefer!
Absolutely, especially if you have a dairy allergy you can use your dairy-free white chocolate and use powdered food coloring to color the chocolate.
We store them on the counter in an air-tight container for about a week. If it’s warmer where you are we recommend storing it in the refrigerator or freezer. If your ice cream cone is filled you’ll need to refrigerate it if it’s something fresh, but if it’s frozen it will need to be in the freezer.
4th of July Chocolate Dipped Cones
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 12 waffle cones
- 12 oz red candy melts
- 12 blue candy melts
- 12 white candy melts
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Sort out 12 cups, glasses, or even tall shot glasses to hold the cones. You could also use our tinfoil method like on our chocolate dipped cones.
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into 3 sepeate microwave safe bowls keeping the colors separate.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each 30 seconds, until melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted dip the cones and a bit of the inside and lightly shake off any excess chocolate. Pour on sprinkles if you’d like to decorate them.
- Place the chocolate cones into the cups or into the aluminum foil lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is set you can enjoy as desired.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!