Our Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe is the ultimate air fryer side dish! Garlic, parsley, and salt rub seasoned baked potatoes with a crispy skin. The best baked potato ever!
We have many rave reviews from so many readers about how this is the best air fryer recipe and baked potato recipe they’ve ever made. Our air fryer baked potatoes are a well-loved recipe, one of our favorite ways to use our air fryer and make baked potatoes. No one can resist the crispy seasoned potato skin outside and the fluffy and delicious interior. Together it’s so perfect you don’t even need to use toppings!
When you put on the seasonings, it just takes the potatoes to another level because it’s cooking it at high heat with air circulating the entire potato, air frying it!
- Idaho or Russet Baking Potatoes – Russet and Idaho potatoes are the best for making baked potatoes. The skin gets crispy, and the interior gets fluffy. A red potato or Yukon potato isn’t ideal for baking, more so roasting.
- Avocado Oil – This is our preferred high-heat oil since it has a high smoke point.
- Salt – We use regular or kosher salt; you can do it to taste.
- Granulated Garlic – We prefer granulated over powdered. It has more flavor, and it’s more coarse.
- Parsley – We use dried parsley for garlic, and we think it adds a bit of flavor too!
How to make air fryer baked potatoes
Wash the potatoes and then pierce the potatoes with a fork a few times to create holes for steam to escape.
Drizzle avocado oil onto the potatoes on a plate with the seasonings. Rub the seasonings and oil all over the potatoes.
Once the potatoes are evenly coated, place them into the air fryer basket.
Air fry the potatoes at 390 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. How long to cook baked potatoes in the air fryer will depend on how big your potatoes are. 35-40 minutes is for a medium-sized potato.
Top with your favorite toppings like a pat of butter or a dollop of sour cream.
Recipe tips and variations
- To cut the cooking time in half, you can use smaller potatoes or even slice the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- You can use this potato seasoning on cubed potatoes as well. It’s so good!
- A bigger potato will require more time. We prefer using small or medium potatoes for baking in the air fryer.
- Our kiddos love these potatoes with ketchup, and it’s pretty darn good. 🙂
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerate: Store any leftover baked potatoes in a container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: To reheat we just air fry the potato at 375 degrees F for 6-10 minutes.
How to serve
Once they come out of the air fryer, you can slit the potato and pinch and push both sides to open the potato. We like to top our potato with a dollop of sour cream or a pat of butter.
Frequently asked questions
A small medium baked potato in the air fryer at 390 degrees F should cook for a total of 35-40 minutes. The bigger your potatoes are the more time they will take to cook.
You will not get crispy skin on a potato in the microwave. Microwaves result in more of a gluey potato, deplete nutrients, and won’t pack as much flavor as an air fryer baked potato.
I would say no, but I’ve actually had a batch of potatoes have one burst open. Creating small holes “piercing with a fork” helps the air escape.
Yes! Sweet potatoes come out delicious in the air fryer as well. See our air fryer baked sweet potatoes recipe.
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe – Baked Garlic Parsley Potatoes
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 3 Idaho or Russet Baking Potatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- Scrub and wash the potatoes and then pierce the potatoes with a fork a few times to create holes for steam to escape.
- Place the potatoes onto a plate and drizzle avocado oil onto the potatoes. Then sprinkle on the seasoning. Rub the seasonings and oil all over the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are evenly coated, place them into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the potatoes at 390 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Top with your favorite toppings like a pat of butter or dollop of sour cream.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!
Our air fryer sweet potatoes are a must try. It’s just as good as our air fryer baked potato but sweeter.