Air Fryer Hot Dogs are the BEST hot dogs you’ll ever make or eat! They’re crispy on the outside and juicy and cooked to perfection.
Now that we have made air fryer hot dogs my daughter will not eat them any other way. We always made grilled or boiled, but air fried cannot be beaten. They cook up quickly and make a great option for picky eaters during the holiday time. Kids won’t eat turkey and all the fixings? They are a go-to here!
Boiled is great because it’s soft, but then there’s no crunch. Grilled is delicious, but some don’t like the charred taste. When you make them in the air fryer it gets crunchy and doesn’t burn unless you want it to cook longer you could absolutely get the char on there.
how to make air fryer hot dogs
Score the hot dogs so that they have little slits, this will make it look nice and prevent them from bursting and enlarging in areas.
how long to cook hot dogs in air fryer?
Once they’re slit you can place into your air fryer. The air fryer should be set at 375 degrees F. Bake them for 5 minutes and then rotate a little and cook for 3 more minutes.
Remove the hot dogs once done and eat as desired.
We like using a little mustard or relish, my husband puts ketchup and mustard. (Are you team ketchup or mustard??)
what to serve with hot dogs
Aside from the toppings, we like to enjoy them with mac and cheese, french fries, or even an air fryer baked potato. We have three different mac and cheese recipes that are bound to be a hit.
- Healthy Mac and Cheese – it has spinach and broccoli and kids will love it
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese – set and forget this easy mac in the crockpot
- Easy Macaroni and Cheese – this is an easy stovetop mac and cheese recipe
- You can easily make sausages or vegan hot dogs the same way as we made these this recipe. We suggest using organic all-beef hot dogs.
- If your hot dogs are extra greasy it may cause your air fryer to smoke. To prevent this add a little water to the bottom tray.
- For even more fun you can cut them into witch fingers for Halloween or make octopus hot dogs for summer.
- We are using a Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven – it’s excellent for making large amounts of food and does not contain Teflon like other brands.
Check out our review and air fryer salmon to see all about the Cuisinart air fryer.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs all beef
- Score the hot dogs so that they have little slits, this will make it look nice and prevent the hot dogs from bursting and enlarging in areas.
- Once they're slit you can place into your air fryer.
- Bake the hot dogs for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Rotate the hot dogs and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the hot dogs once done and eat as desired.