This Air Fryer Salmon recipe is a family favorite! It’s full of flavor and a great way to cook chili lime salmon. Special thanks to Cuisinart for sending us their Air Fryer Toaster Oven to try out.
My family loves salmon. It’s full of healthy omega fatty acids, so we eat it 1-2 times a week. When buying salmon you want to go for wild caught. We highly recommend choosing wild Alaska salmon over farmed raised. It’s much better for you and your family.
After reading many articles I will not purchase farm raised salmon, plus I love the flavor of Wild Alaska King Salmon. I get it fresh from my local fish market whenever they have it. The last thing I want to do is ruin this expensive piece of fish, so I like to make air fryer salmon, which cooks it to perfection!
Now, who’s ready to make air fried salmon?
When you air fry the salmon it cooks by air in the air fryer. It cooks the salmon all around and I can have a delicious salmon dinner in less than 10 minutes. Since salmon is a fatty fish we don’t even have to use oil or butter.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Salmon
- fresh salmon
- chili powder
- lime slices
- lime juice
- parsley *garnish
How to make Air Fryer Salmon
I like to season the salmon with some chili powder, pepper, and salt.
After seasoning the salmon, I place on a few slices of lime.
Once you have the lime on the salmon you can go ahead and place the salmon into the air fryer.
You’ll know the salmon is ready once it reaches 145 degrees F in the thickest part with a meat thermometer.
Squeeze lime juice onto the salmon as it comes out of the air fryer and then garnish with chopped parsley.
Why I prefer an air fryer toaster oven over the original style air fryer:
- 7 different functions, Air Fry, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, Bake, Broil, Warm, Toast.
- Large capacity, more space. I prefer the square shape instead of the circle. I can cook a lot more in this space.
- It looks nicer on my countertop. The beautiful stainless steel looks sleek like it belongs on the counter.
- I was limited in the use of my other air fryer. I felt like things overcooked, I couldn’t see inside and it was just wasn’t as easy to use so I didn’t bother using it aside from making potatoes.
- Most air fryers contain Teflon, which is known to be toxic to birds. I couldn’t use my previous air fryer as we now have parakeets.
It’s really nice to be able to SEE inside, but we can also use a light to see our food even better!
Cleaning up is a little different. Some air fryers may be dishwasher safe, but the parts in the Cuisinart are not. That being said you may be losing the coating on your air fryer from putting it in the dishwasher.
Cleanup on the Cuisinart Oven Fryer is pretty simple. I use a scrub brush for the air-fry rack and a soft sponge for the baking pan. One thing you want to do is make sure you clean it within a reasonable amount of time. You do not want to let it sit for hours after you have finished your meal, this goes for any pots and pans.
My salmon was easy to clean up. You’ll see more in the basket with things that are heavily seasoned, greasy, or something that has a crumb coating.
Using an air fryer is a healthy way to have those fried food favorites without all the oil. In fact, you’ll use 98% less oil by frying your food with hot air in the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven. We don’t use much if any oil on our food. If you’re using oil we suggest using a spray avocado oil. Avocado oil is a high smoke point oil.
You can find many types of spray bottles in the stores that you can fill with your own oil. You can cut down on calories and even cook time by using an air fryer. It uses powerful ultra-hot air that is circulated by the air fryers fan to cook the food all around. This is why the basket is raised from the rack so it can circulate the hot air around the food. We love making air fryer salmon and hope you try it out too!
More Air Fryer Recipes to try:
Pin our Air Fryer Chili Lime Salmon to save for later
Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 lb salmon Alaska king (fresh, not frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole limes
- parsley fresh *garnish
- Season the salmon with some chili powder, pepper, and salt.
- After seasoning the salmon, slice one of the limes and place on top of the salmon.
- Once you have the lime on the salmon place the salmon into the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees F and cook for about 8 minutes.
- You'll know the salmon is ready once it reaches 145 degrees F in the thickest part with a meat thermometer.
- Slice open the remaining lime and squeeze the juice onto the salmon as it comes out of the air fryer and then garnish with chopped parsley.