Mini Chef Mondays Easy Apple Donut Recipe for kids! Easy, healthy snack using sprinkles for your favorite no bake holiday treats.
My mini chef had so much fun making and eating this apple donuts recipe. We enjoy making our frosting, but we got a fun surprise in the mail over the holiday season from Wholesome Sweets with their organic frosting, and we couldn’t wait to try them with this easy kid friendly recipe. My mini chef and I loveeee the chocolate. We could eat it plain, ha! We used the strawberry and chocolate for this recipe. Stay tuned next month to see what we did with the vanilla! It’s so simple for kids to make this apple recipe and for the super littles, they can just dunk the apples into the frosting and then sprinkle.
The trick is to dry the apples a little (make sure you spray them with some lemon juice to prevent browning) on a paper towel or cloth, and then you scrape the frosting in a downward motion instead of spreading it. This ensures the frosting grabs onto the apple. To make the donut hole we simply cored the apple, easy peasy!
try our easy apple donut recipe
Apple Donut Recipe
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- frosting of choice
- mini chocolate chips
- Spritz or dunk your apple slices with lemon water.
- Dry them gently with a towel and then start spreading on the frosting.
- Once they're covered with frosting on the top, sprinkle with sprinkles and chocolate chips.
We hope you enjoy this simple kid friendly recipe and if you liked this recipe you’ll love our chocolate covered apple donuts too!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Orange Dessert Cups // Finding Zest
- Borax Slime Recipe for Valentine’s Day // Eating Richly
- No Bake Cashew Cookie Dough Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Valentine’s Day Granola // My Mini Adventurer