If you’re looking for an easy applesauce muffin that is filled with flavor this is it! We use applesauce and fresh apples in this applesauce muffin recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mott’s. The opinions and text are all mine. #MottsAppleswap
Our Apple Streusel Muffins with Mott’s® Applesauce are moist, packed with flavor, and a tasty recipe to pair with breakfast. Make your favorite delicious and flavorful fall desserts healthier by using Mott’s® Applesauce instead of oil and butter. We really enjoy making this recipe!
We have passed down the sweet tooth to my mini chef. She loves her sweets! She’ll wake up asking for muffins or a cookie because daddy takes her to get a bagel and cookie on his day off. So what’s a mama to do? How do I compete with that, but still keep it healthy-ish?
Helloooooooo, Mott’s® Applesauce!
By using Mott’s® Applesauce from Walmart I can cut the calories, reduce the sugar, fat, sodium, cholesterol, and completely nix the oil. Mott’s® Applesauce is a healthy substitute for baking, especially during the holidays when we’re baking as often as the leaves are falling. Boom, like that I’m super mom, cool mom, hip mom, all thanks to Mott’s® Applesauce. 🙂
Apple Streusel Muffins with Applesauce, nix fat, not flavor.
Want more muffin recipes? Try our chocolate chip muffins recipe!
I’ve swapped applesauce in cakes, cupcakes, pancakes, but my favorite swap is muffins during the fall. You get the apple flavor, and you get the moist texture in your baked goods without the oil! In fact, most recipes you see that have oil or butter, you can swap with applesauce. You really won’t notice much of a difference unless it’s in a cookie recipe. It works fabulously in the things we mentioned like the cakes, cupcakes, pancakes, and muffins.
I’m happy that my family can enjoy a healthy muffin with breakfast and my husband can even take one of the muffins to work with him! To make it an even healthier treat I load it with fresh chopped apples. The apples get tender and it’s just the perfect fall muffin recipe.
Apple Streusel Muffins with Applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Mott’s® Original Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 apples , peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mott’s® Original Applesauce
- 1/8 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin seasoning and cinnamon.
- Once combined add in the applesauce, vanilla, milk, sugar, and stir until combined.
- Fold in the apples and then place into a muffin tin.
- Mix streusel ingredients and top muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I found Mott’s® Applesauce right at my local Walmart and it’s less than $2! It’s not just for eating with a spoon, it’s for baking too! 🙂