This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwansonSummer #CollectiveBias
My family loves to eat chicken, especially since Kay passed chicken with her FPIES allergy I’ve been making chicken like crazy, it’s her favorite! She really loves chicken noodle soup, but with the weather so nice and all the parties going on I’m sharing out favorite way to make chicken drumsticks! Our Grilled Sweet Asian Chicken Drumsticks Recipe are always a crowd pleaser! The sweet sauce is perfection.
I like boil my chicken drumsticks before cooking. I boil the flavor in them, not out. I use 2 large containers of Swanson Chicken Broth! Thankfully I can now score a deal on a six pack of Swanson Chicken Broth at my local Sam’s Club!
It’s now available, and you should be able to find it at your location too!
This meal is so easy to make before guests come over and then toss onto the grill when they arrive. Don’t have an outdoor grill? You can use an indoor one too! Like I said, this is an easy chicken recipe and so delicious! I never saw my family devour chicken drumsticks that fast. Obviously their new favorite way to eat them! The chicken broth really gives the chicken extra flavor combined with all the other flavors I add into the broth to make it Sweet Asian Chicken Drumsticks Recipe. The fresh ginger, spicy mustard, garlic, and you can’t forget the apricot preserves that gives it the sweetness! I use apricot preserves instead of duck sauce, but you can use either. Just don’t forget the chicken broth! Also, don’t waste that delicious broth, it’s perfectly fine to reuse to flavor rice, cook veggies in and more! Think of it like a “souped up” chicken broth. It’s full of flavor! You can double the amount of glaze this way you can have a little extra for dipping too.
Sweet Asian Chicken Drumsticks
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 Containers of Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 9.5 Ounce Jar of Apricot Preserves (can also use duck sauce)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Spicy Asian Mustard
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 Tablespoons Apricot Preserves
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Coconut Aminos
- Pinch of Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Asian Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Leftover Cooking Broth
- In a large stock pot put in all the ingredients (aside from glaze) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow drumsticks to cook throughout.
- Once the drumsticks are cooked you can either bake or grill them to give them a little crisp.
- (This is also a great recipe to make beforehand and then bake or grill once ready)
- In a small sauce pan or skillet combine the glaze ingredients and allow to boil then reduce heat to low.
- Toss the drumsticks into the sauce and serve.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.