Juicy and delicious Cheeseburger Sliders with Caramelized Onions WILL be a hit at your next BBQ! The soft potato burger buns are the cherry on top! Featuring step by step photos on how to make cheeseburger sliders.
That is what you will say when you bite into our cheeseburger sliders that we made for Girl Carnivore’s annual Burger Month Bash! (p.s. HUGE giveaway details at the bottom of this post!!) They are so good with or without the caramelized onions! You don’t even need ketchup, pickles, mustard, tomatoes, lettuce – save all that for the side salad. This mini burger is EVERYTHING you need.
Ready for our top secret cheeseburger sliders recipe?
- 85/15 ground beef
- yellow American cheese
- potato buns
That’s all you need to make the best cheeseburger sliders, and you don’t even need to use the grill unless you want grilled cheeseburger sliders. We cook them on a flat griddle which can be used indoors on the stove or outdoors on your grill.
Heat up the griddle; you want it hot. (make sure your exhaust fan is on if indoors.
Roll the ground beef into decent size meatballs and season with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
Place the meatballs onto the griddle and then SMASH with your spatula.
Sear the burger for 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side.
Once some burger grease has blessed your pan, cook up some sliced onions in the fat.
Place the cheese on top and then place into the potato buns, top with sliced onions or as desired.
That is all you need to do for these burgers that are so good you will want more than one! I like to do a double cheeseburger slider this way I’m getting more protein and fewer carbs, the bread is delicious, but I want some fries with that, ha!
You can make a bunch on the griddle and then keep the cooked cheeseburger sliders warming in the oven until you’re ready to serve.
Cheeseburger Sliders with Caramelized Onions
- 1 lb ground beef 85/15
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 whole onion sliced
- 5 slices yellow American cheese sliced
- 5 mini potato buns
- Heat up the griddle, you want it hot (make sure your exhaust fan is on if indoors as it will be quite smokey when the fat cooks off).
- Now you'll roll the ground beef into decent size meatballs and season with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Place the meatballs onto the griddle and then SMASH with your spatula onto the griddle. You want to really flatten the burgers.
- Sear the burger for 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side.
- Once some burger grease is cooking off, cook the sliced onions in the grease.
- Place the cheese on top of the burgers (use half a slice per burger) and then place into the potato buns, top with sliced onions or as desired.
PIN our Cheeseburger Sliders to Save for later
Find all of the MORE Burger Month recipes and giveaway info on BurgerMonth.com.
All winners will be entered to win a Weber Spirit II E-310 gas grill! Grand prize grill winner will be announced June 4th.
- American Lamb Board – Ground lamb, cutting board, and apron
- Anolon – Anolon SureGrip Cutlery Bronze 3 Piece Chef Set & Anolon Advanced Bronze 11″ Deep Square Grill Pan w/ Pour Spouts
- Cabot Cheese – $25 Cabot Legacy Gift box – Includes eight bars of Cabot Cheddar, cheese knife, and a wine opener. Award-winning cheese brought to you by the 1,000 farm families who own Cabot Creamery Co-operative.
- Crow Canyon Home – Red Marble Enamelware Prize Box 1 each: Red Marble Jelly Roll Tray, Red Marble Oval Platter, Red Rim Large Open Roaster, Red Marble 6-cup muffin pan
- Melissa’s Produce – Grilling Veggie Box
- Microplane – Herb And Salad Chopper, Microplane Elite Series Extra Coarse Grater, Microplane Spice Mill
- New York Beef Council – Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner Swag Bag including a tote, knives, oven mitt and apron
- Red Duck – Gourmet Ketchup Variety
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
- Weber Grilling Pack – Weber Tumbler and Weber Grill Hat