Juicy and delicious Cheeseburger Sliders with Caramelized Onions WILL be a hit at your next BBQ! The soft potato burger buns are the cherry on top! Featuring step by step photos on how to make cheeseburger sliders.
That is what you will say when you bite into our cheeseburger sliders that we made for Girl Carnivore’s annual Burger Month Bash! They are so good with or without the caramelized onions! You don’t even need ketchup, pickles, mustard, tomatoes, lettuce – save all that for the side salad. This mini burger is EVERYTHING you need.
Ready for our top secret cheeseburger sliders recipe?
- 85/15 ground beef
- yellow American cheese
- potato buns
That’s all you need to make the best cheeseburger sliders, and you don’t even need to use the grill unless you want grilled cheeseburger sliders. We cook them on a flat griddle which can be used indoors on the stove or outdoors on your grill.
Heat up the griddle; you want it hot. (make sure your exhaust fan is on if indoors.
Roll the ground beef into decent size meatballs and season with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
Place the meatballs onto the griddle and then SMASH with your spatula.
Sear the burger for 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side.
Once some burger grease has blessed your pan, cook up some sliced onions in the fat.
Place the cheese on top and then place into the potato buns, top with sliced onions or as desired.
That is all you need to do for these burgers that are so good you will want more than one! I like to do a double cheeseburger slider this way I’m getting more protein and fewer carbs, the bread is delicious, but I want some fries with that, ha!
You can make a bunch on the griddle and then keep the cooked cheeseburger sliders warming in the oven until you’re ready to serve.
Cheeseburger Sliders with Caramelized Onions
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef 85/15
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 whole onion sliced
- 5 slices yellow American cheese sliced
- 5 mini potato buns
- Heat up the griddle, you want it hot (make sure your exhaust fan is on if indoors as it will be quite smokey when the fat cooks off).
- Now you'll roll the ground beef into decent size meatballs and season with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Place the meatballs onto the griddle and then SMASH with your spatula onto the griddle. You want to really flatten the burgers.
- Sear the burger for 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side.
- Once some burger grease is cooking off, cook the sliced onions in the grease.
- Place the cheese on top of the burgers (use half a slice per burger) and then place into the potato buns, top with sliced onions or as desired.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
PIN our Cheeseburger Sliders to Save for later