Double Chocolate Chip Muffins made a little healthier! The healthy recipe swaps are less fat, less sugar, but not less flavor. 🙂 This is a great recipe to bake and give during the holiday season. My mini chef LOVES this recipe. We recently received the Grand Luxe Kitchen from Step 2 and my mini chef was inspired to make muffins for Mini Chef Mondays.
She just loves her new kitchen and she really loves making recipes for Mini Chef Mondays. Between her new play kitchen and her real Mini Chef Mondays kitchen, she can make food for fun play or for real.
These muffins are so rich and chocolatey! We don’t use any oils or butter and we use things like yogurt and applesauce. We cut the sugar and even the applesauce is unsweetened. The double chocolate chip muffins are a little denser so they’re almost fudge like, so good! While the cupcakes are baking in the oven my mini chef can play in her play kitchen while she waits.
When getting her a play kitchen we wanted something that was close to realistic. The Step2 Grand Luxe Kitchen has real lights for the oven and fridge and even has sounds for the blender, popcorn maker, pots and pan! It’s a great stepping stone for kiddos who want to be in the kitchen. You can find it now for the holiday gifting season at Toys “R” Us! 🙂 Don’t worry about getting too much play food, this kitchen comes with food as well! My mini chef is practicing her knife skills with the velcro fruits and veggies.
Special thanks to Step2 for sending us this amazing kitchen for our mini chef. 🙂
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao (can use cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups and top with more chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Black Spider Party Punch for Halloween // Finding Zest
- Easy Halloween Breakfast for Kids // Eating Richly
- Autumn Harvest Rice Bowl // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Cold Sesame Sweet Potato Noodles // Vegging at the Shore
- Spooky Spaghetti Spiders // My Mini Adventurer