Serve our easy garlic bread toast with some delicious lasagna for a quick and easy family meal.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of On-Cor. The opinions and text are all mine.
We’re a carb loving family. Whenever I make lasagna I typically make it with a butter loaded garlic bread. We absolutely love my homemade garlic bread recipe, but it does have it’s fair share of butter and olive oil, plus I tend to make an entire loaf that 3 of us will finish and still eat a delicious dessert right after. The New Year doesn’t mean we need to do away with our favorites, we can just alter our favorites to be a little bit better for us!
EASY GARLIC BREAD TOAST – each bite full of flavor!
With the New Year coming we are trying to make healthier choices, we always strive to make healthier choices year round, but sometimes we do like to indulge!
When making the garlic bread toast recipe I use a little bit of spray olive oil and then our favorite seasonings. Each bite is full of flavor, but with less of the guilt.
A few tips to indulge less and still enjoy:
- Don’t forget to drink water – skip the sugary drinks
- Serve a salad before the main course – fill up on greens, many forget to eat their veggies
- Not a fan of salad? try soup, soups are filling since they’re mostly liquid
- Enjoy fresh fruit for dessert – nothing is more refreshing than some cut up melon or even snacking apples
My daughter is pretty good about eating her veggies, but when it comes to dessert she wants all the junk and she wants it then. Thankfully she loves snacking on popcorn, so for her, popcorn is definitely a treat!
To make our popcorn we just fill up the desired amount of popcorn kernels into the popcorn popper and let it start popping!
You can even make the popcorn while you’re making dinner!
She’s pretty serious about her popcorn!!
Whenever I make a quick and easy meal from the freezer section like the On-Cor entrée I like to plate it in my own bakeware. It really makes it feel more comforting. You can absolutely leave it in the original packaging to cook, but we just have more fun making it in our own dinnerware and it looks pretty for serving too!
All entrées have no monosodium glutamate (MSG) added – which makes this mommy very happy! 🙂
Life can get crazy busy, didn’t doesn’t have to be super complicated and you can have most of the work done thanks to On-Cor.
Once the On-Cor entrée is finished I finely shred a little bit of mozzarella on top and serve with 2 garlic bread toast slices. I cook them both in the oven at the same time but delay putting the garlic bread toast into the oven until there are about 10 minutes left for the Lasagna.
With On-Cor we know that we can find a meal everyone will love, after all, that is their mission! 🙂 For your next family meal, head to the freezer aisle of Shoprite or check out the store locator at www.on-cor.com to pick up one of On-Cor’s entrées.
Here’s our recipe for Easy Garlic Bread Toast
Easy Garlic Bread Toast
- 1/2 baguette
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice baguette into small serving slices.
- Place baguette slices onto a baking sheet and spray each piece on one side with the olive oil spray.
- Mix together the garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, and salt.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the baguette slices.
- Bake baguette slices for 10 minutes, or until they reach desired crispiness.