Looking for the BEST Garlic Bread recipe? You’ll love our homemade garlic bread that’s easy to make using simple ingredients. Step-by-step photos, plus a video on how to make garlic bread.
This is a super simple recipe that my mother used to make all the time. She would use regular garlic salt instead of real chunks of garlic. Baking your homemade garlic bread covered in foil allows the bread to heat up fully and the garlic to cook a bit too. Finishing it off in the broiler allows for that golden brown and crispy garlic bread we all love!
The result is loaded garlic bread, and it goes fast! Whenever I make it while entertaining and at parties, I make at least two full loaves. It’s always a hit.
- Italian Bread or Baguette – We love using a fresh loaf of bread from the bakery section, or you could use our French Bread Recipe.
- Garlic – We use an entire bulb of garlic. You could also use granulated garlic instead.
- Butter – To make this dairy-free, we use Country Crock plant butter.
- Olive Oil – Don’t have olive oil? We’ve also used avocado oil in a pinch.
- Salt, Parsley, Oregano, Basil – These herbs and spices add a ton of flavor to garlic bread.
How to make Garlic Bread
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions, see the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Next, you’ll slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and then spread both sides of the bread.
Place the bread back together and then wrap it in foil and back.
Sandwich the bread together, and bake the bread wrapped in aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
After the 10 minutes are up, you can carefully remove the bread from the oven and carefully take the foil off about 5 minutes after to allow the food to cool.
Remove the bread from the foil and place it inside up on the baking sheet without foil.
Place bread under the broiler until the garlic is slightly browned and the bread is crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
Recipe tips and variations
- We love to enjoy this on it’s own, but it’s great dipped in sauce or used for a delicious and flavorful garlic bread meatloaf sandwich!
- You could also use this on slices of bread to make garlic bread toast.
- Don’t want to use raw garlic? Use about 3/4-1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerate: Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2-3 days.
- Reheat: To reheat garlic bread, you can use your oven or air fryer at 375 degrees F for about 5-8 minutes or the oven at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
No, we do not recommend using that for this recipe. Instead, you could use granulated garlic or garlic powder.
Absolutely! Growing up, my mom would use white bread to make garlic bread if she needed to use the bread up before it expired.
Garlic Bread Recipe
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 16oz Italian bread or Baguette
- 1 bulb garlic cloves , chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter , softened
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your loaf of bread in half, lengthwise.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and spoon over the bread.
- Sandwich the bread together, and bake the bread wrapped in foil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the foil and place it inside up on the baking sheet without foil.
- Place bread under the broiler until the garlic is slightly browned and the bread is crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!