Homemade Sloppy Joe paired with freshly fried and crinkle cut potatoes. No room for a can mix here.. I’m really not even sure what is in that.. I have a few tips for you from how to make your own taco seasoning, making the perfect ground beef without any effort (which will be coming soon!), and even how to make sloppy joe better than the can using KETCHUP! Crazy, right? Ketchup has the sweet flavor that most associate with a sloppy joe. In this post I’m going to share how to make the sloppy joe using left over taco meat. We are doing a FPIES Food Trial of Beef and I’m force to create multiple recipes using beef. I figured what better way than make a HUGE batch of ground beef with taco seasoning and turn it into a few delicious and easy to prepare dishes.
Sweet Baby is extremely picky and getting her to try something new is just as fun as trying to get her to take her vitamins, ha! I made 3 lbs of ground beef to keep some in the refrigerator and some in the freezer too! Hubby’s favorite remake has been all three ways I’ve used it up so far.. he said he can’t pick just one. Obviously, that’s a good thing! The sloppy joe is so easy it’s laughable.. Are you ready for the easy peasy recipe??..
Homemade Sloppy Joe with Crinkle Cut Potato Fries
- 2 potatoes crinkle cut or sliced
- 1/4 cup ketchup we use organic
- 1 cup ground beef cooked
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- In a frying pan cook the potatoes until browned on both sides or in a fryer.
- Meanwhile heat up the beef with seasoning in a skillet, once hot add in the ketchup and remove from heat.
- Serve over hot crinkle cut potato fries and enjoy!