Our Chicken Seasoning blend is so easy to make! This seasoning blend is perfect for chicken breasts, chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, whole chicken, and even chicken wings. You can also use it on other meats, and veggies too!
No one likes bland chicken and this chicken seasoning blend adds a ton of flavor. I always have it in my spice cabinet to add to chicken.
I love this chicken seasoning blend so much, but I can’t forget about my homemade seasoned salt, taco seasoning, and fajita seasoning, and if you know me you know my love for the combo of garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper!
- Granulated Garlic
- Granulated Onion
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Brown Sugar – optional.
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make chicken seasoning see the recipe card below.
Measure out all of the seasonings and mix until combined.
Pour into a spice jar and use as needed.
Optional, add some brown sugar for sweetness.
How to season chicken
Once you have mixed your chicken seasoning blend you’re ready to season your chicken.
To season the chicken start by patting the chicken dry with some clean dry paper towels.
Rub the chicken with a little bit of avocado oil or other neutral oil and then sprinkle the desired amount of seasoning onto the chicken.
You can also add citrus juices like lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, or even vinegar.
Rub the seasoning all over the chicken.
Alternatively, you can mix the avocado oil with the seasonings and then massage it into the chicken.
You can cook right away or let the chicken marinate in a sealed container for around 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
Cook as desired.
Recipe tips and variations
- If you’re in the mood for sweetness you can add in a little brown sugar, this is optional.
- To make this sodium free just remove the salt.
- Reduce the salt by half if you’re using regular salt and not kosher salt.
- Add liquid if you’re marinating the chicken. Great options are citrus juices like lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, or even vinegar.
- If using liquids to marinate we recommend no longer than 2-4 hours before cooking.
- Sometimes we’ll add in a little cayenne powder, chili flakes, or even chiptole powder for heat.
- Add some smokiness by doing half or all smoked paprika instead of sweet paprika.
- We like to triple the recipe so we always have it ready.
Frequently asked questions
You can reuse any spice jar, a sealed mason jar, or we even reuse our glass Oui yogurt jars for seasoning blends.
Yes! This chicken seasoning blend is perfect for chicken, but also meat, fish, and vegetables.
I buy directly from Rose Mountain Herbs but in a pinch, I get something I run out of at the supermarket. I go for McCormick, Simply Organic, or Frontier Co-op.
Chicken Seasoning Blend
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika you could also try 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 brown sugar optional for sweetness
- Measure out all of the spices and then combine in a bowl.
- Pour the mixed seasonings into your desired spice jar or use right away if needed.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!