These Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are bone-in and skin-on! Crispy chicken thighs with a delicious seasoning blend cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
If you love our air fryer boneless chicken thighs you’re going to love our new air fryer chicken thigh recipe with bone-in and skin-on! The chicken skin is crispy, flavorful, and perfect with your favorite side dishes.
Recipe ingredient notes
- Bone-in Chicken Thighs – for this recipe we’re using chicken with the bone, but for boneless you can try this air fryer boneless chicken thighs recipe.
- Seasonings – you can use your favorite seasoning blend, our recipe below, or even try out our chicken seasoning blend.
- Avocado Oil – this is our preferred oil for air frying.
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make air fryer chicken thighs with the bone-in see the recipe card below.
Rub the spice and oil mixture all over the chicken thighs.
Place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket and cook the chicken thighs skin down for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F.
Flip the chicken thighs skin side up and cook for another 15 minutes at 390 degrees F.
Ensure the chicken thighs are fully cooked by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest portion without touching the bone. You want it to read at least 165 degrees F. I aim for 185 so I’ll tend to cook it a bit longer as “overcooked” chicken thighs taste better.
Serve as desired.
Recipe tips and variations
- Always cook chicken to at least 165 degrees.
- If you want to make this recipe using boneless chicken thighs you’ll need to alter the time. We suggest trying our air fryer boneless chicken thighs.
- You can use any seasonings you like, just be careful with sauces. We recommend using those the last 5 minutes of cooking if so.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties so I like using it, but it can stain.
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerate: Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Reheat: To reheat you can use your oven or air fryer at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes, oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or microwave for 3 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
For extra crispy skin, we recommend cooking for another 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Yes, you can! They’re perfect for meal prep or you can even prep the chicken and marinated it the night before cooking. Just refrigerate it as it marinates and try to cook within 12 hours for the best results, no longer than 24 hours as the chicken can break down.
For this air fryer whole chicken recipe we used the Ninja Max XL Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Bone-in with Crispy Skin
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe 🖤 Save
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Pat the chicken dry with a clean paper towel and set it on a clean plate.
- In a small bowl combine the seasonings and avocado oil.
- Rub the spice and oil mixture all over the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket and cook the chicken thighs skin down for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 15 minutes at 390 degrees F or until the chicken temperature reads at least 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer in the thickest portion without touching the bone.
- Serve as desired.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!