Mini Chef Mondays Fresh Guacamole Recipe – This is a great guacamole dip that is kid friendly, but still an authentic guacamole recipe.
Happy Mini Chef Mondays to you!!! 🙂 Today my Mini Chef is making a healthy snack that would be great to serve to your friends on game day. In fact, we even use our fresh guacamole recipe in our Best 7 Layer Taco Dip too! We love making our Fresh Guacamole Recipe at least once a week.
Avocados are full heart healthy fat so we always have them in the house. Our store had them for .99cents when I went so I picked up like 100 of them. Okay maybe not 100, but we bought 10. My Mini Chef loves to snack on them right out of the skin and she loves them even more mashed up with fresh cilantro, red onions, garlic and of course lime juice.
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato Masher with Cushioned HandleThe trick to getting the perfect mash (still a few chunks, but nice and creamy) is using a potato masher!
We love using our potato masher for fresh guacamole. We also use it for making ground beef for chili! Making egg salad? It mashes them perfectly too. We love this handy tool and it’s a must have kitchen item, make that essential kitchen item!
I was making our Fresh Guacamole Recipe for a party and she woke right up as soon as she heart me in the kitchen. She loves to help me and everything these days she does is “I’m making a recipe!” She tells everyone she’s a Mini Chef and she’s proud of it!
We needed to make our Fresh Guacamole Recipe for our 7 Layer Taco Dip Recipe. I know some like to buy the already made guacamole, but trust me, you’ll notice the difference if you put the two side by side. Our Mini Chef won’t touch the store bought over homemade.
You’ll notice that store bought has a watery, thin taste, whereas the homemade guacamole is rich and creamy.
First, we started off by mashing our avocados with all the ingredients. It’s such a super simple recipe and you will definitely love it.
Enjoy our Fresh Guacamole Recipe with tortilla chips, veggies or even on sandwiches. There’s no wrong way to enjoy guacamole!
Mini Chef Mondays Fresh Guacamole Recipe - This is a great guacamole dip that is kid friendly, but still an authentic guacamole recipe.
- 4 avocados
- 1/3 chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut open your avocados, remove seed and scoop out avocado from skin.
- Place avocado into a large bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Mash the avocado and ingredients together using a potato smasher.
- Mash until it's nice and creamy.
Serve this authentic guacamole recipe with our Authentic Pico de Gallo Recipe
Baked Chicken Fajita Recipe (sheet pan meal!)
and our Fajita Seasoning – no need for fajita seasoning packets!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well.
- The Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe // Momma Lew
- Best Banana Crumb Muffins // Baby Loving Mama
- Raspberry Chocolate Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Sofia the First Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Alphabet Kids Snacks A is for Ant // Eating Richly
- Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Kid-Friendly Chicken & Broccoli Quesadilla // Step Stool Chef
- Brussels Sprouts Chips // Vegging at the Shore
- How A 2 Year Old Can Help in the Kitchen // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- 5 Food Art Ideas for Kids // O’Boy! Organic
- Mini Pizza Tacos // Can’t Google Everything