Instant Pot Jasmine Rice cooked to perfection without a rice cooker. This tender and fluffy rice can be served as a side dish or for any recipes you need white rice.
We always have jasmine rice in the house, and I use the instant pot to make white rice. The instant pot is a versatile kitchen essential for us from breakfast to dinner. We use it almost daily, so it’s always on our kitchen counter to make rice, soup like our instant pot chicken noodle soup, steel cut oats for breakfast or something for dinner.
Recipe notes and ingredients
- Jasmine Rice – This recipe explains how to make instant pot jasmine white rice so make sure you’re using jasmine rice for this recipe.
- Water – You can also use a flavorful broth. We love using the leftover broth from our instant pot bottom round roast.
- Salt or oil optional
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make jasmine rice in the instant pot see the recipe card below.
Measure out your rice in a dry measuring cup, 1 cup rice to 1 cup water.
Place the desired amount of rice into the instant pot insert and then rinse the rice until the water is clear about 4-5 times.
Once the water is clear drain the water from the rice and pour in the water 1:1 ratio. We’re doing 2 cups of dry rice to 2 cups of water.
Place the lid onto the instant pot and place it on sealing. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes and then naturally release for 18 minutes.
Carefully remove the lid if the pin is down or carefully release pressure if it’s still up and then remove the lid once it has fallen.
Use a rice spoon or spatula to fluff the rice and serve as desired.
Recipe tips and variations
- Add more flavor to your rice by adding herbs, spices, or seasoning blends.
- Cook rice in a broth instead of water for more flavor.
- Add flavor to your rice after cooking by mixing it with a pesto or chimichurri sauce.
Storage and reheating tips
- How to refrigerate leftover rice: Cool the rice quickly and store in the refrigerator within 1 hour of cooking. Store in the refrigerator in a container for up to 3-4 days.
- How to freeze leftover rice: To freeze leftover rice we like to refrigerate it first and then we’ll place it into a freezer safe container and place it into the freezer. You can do this in a Ziploc bag or a reusable silicone stasher bag as well. Freeze for up to 1-2 months.
- How to reheat rice: The best way to reheat rice is in the microwave with a splash of water or an ice cube. You can microwave until warm throughout. Do not reheat rice more than once.
Frequently asked questions
Rinsing rice removes the excess starch and any impurities from processing and packaging. It results in fluffy rice, instead of it sticking and clumping together.
Rice cookers are excellent, but we have an instant pot that is always on our counter and cooks rice beautifully so we do not need a rice cooker for this reason.
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- oil and salt optional
- Measure out your rice in a dry measuring cup in a 1:1 ratio, 1 cup rice to 1 cup water.
- Place the dry rice into the instant pot insert and then rinse the rice until the water is clear about 4-5 times. You can also do this in a fine mesh strainer with the water running over the rice mixing with your hand until it runs clear.
- Once the water is clear drain the water from the rice and pour in the water. 2 cups of rice = 2 cups of water.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and place it on sealing mode. Cook the rice on high pressure for 4 minutes and then naturally release for 18 minutes.
- Once the 18 minutes are up you can carefully remove the lid if the pin is down or carefully release pressure if it's still up and then remove the lid once it has fallen.
- Use a rice spoon or spatula to fluff the rice and serve as desired.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!