Crispy, crunchy, Air Fryer Bacon cooked to perfection. Step-by-step photos and comparison of the Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven and Ninja Air Fryer.
You may be wondering, can you cook bacon in an air fryer? YES!! And it’s the best bacon ever. Before air fryer toaster ovens we would cook bacon in the oven, in the microwave, or even on a frying pan. It would take so long, and would mostly sit in the grease, but it was crispy, mostly. Make extra for our bacon egg salad, cheesy bacon potatoes, or breakfast egg muffins.
The air fryer is a game changer for making the best crispy bacon that everyone will enjoy and the cleanup is easy too!
why should you make bacon in the air fryer?
Cooking bacon has never been easier! Here are the top reasons:
- Cooking time is reduced thanks to the air circulating the bacon.
- Bacon grease drips down when air frying thanks to the holes in the racks or baskets.
- CRISPY bacon without burning.
How to cook bacon in air fryer
Simply place strips of bacon in a single layer onto the rack or basket. For the ninja we found that placing a whole strip caused them to curl up, so we find that slicing them in half works best for this basket air fryer.
Our Cuisinart air fryer can fit 6 pieces of bacon, whereas we fit only 5 in our Ninja air fryer. That being said, we’ve been able to squeeze an entire package of bacon on the Cuisinart Rack with some manuvering.
To prevent the fryer from smoking up we put a little bit of water or a piece of toast onto the bottom pan, this will catch the bacon grease.
Otherwise, the grease would hit the bottom of the pan and start to smoke.
You may need to flip 5 minutes in depending on your air fryer.
Once the bacon is fully cooked you’ll want to remove the bacon from the air fryer and place it onto paper towels or whatever you use to absorb the bacon grease.
Recipe tips and notes:
- If you’re using thick cut bacon you may need to add 1-2 minutes to the total cook time.
- If you like your bacon chewy and less crispy you can cook for 8-9 minutes instead of 10 if using thin sliced bacon.
- An air fryer oven can fit more bacon than the Ninja, but some basket air fryer models can fit more.
- Basket style air fryers tend to use more air circulation than an oven style and the bacon will blow around a bit, just shake or flip as best as you can between the cooking time.
Air Fryer Bacon
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 6 strips bacon
- Place the strips of bacon onto the air fryer rack.
- Air fry the bacon at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, flipping once in between.
- Once the bacon is fully cooked remove the bacon from the air fryer and place it onto paper towels or whatever you use to absorb the bacon grease.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.