These chocolate and vanilla cheesecake cheesecake bars are delicious and easy desserts you can make in no time. Swirls of chocolate and vanilla with a thick Oreo cookie crust.
These baked cheesecake bars are a wonderful make-ahead dessert that you can take for parties, holiday gatherings, or as a gift to friends and family.
The perfect swirl of the chocolates elevates the flavor tremendously. Check out my snickerdoodle cheesecake bars, no-bake strawberry cheesecake, or this no bake Oreo cheesecake.
- Oreos – You can use regular Oreos or, if you want, reach for double-stuffed Oreos. Either will work great.
- Butter – I used unsalted butter that is melted.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese is softened so it can whip up nicely for the cheesecake batter.
- Granulated Sugar – Here you have what is going to sweeten up the cheesecake. If you want it to be a little less sweet, you can use less sugar if needed.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream is a great ingredient in cheesecake as it gives it a tangy flavor.
- Eggs – Large eggs work best. Make sure not to overmix the eggs.
- Vanilla Extract – The vanilla helps to sweeten and balance the ingredients.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – I used baker’s chocolate that I melted and allowed to cool a bit.
- Chocolate Sauce – This is the top of the cheesecake once the bars are baked.
- Candy Bars – You will shave a chocolate candy bar for chocolate shaving to place on your top.
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make chocolate and vanilla swirl cheesecake bars, see the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 325F degrees
Prep your 8×8 pan and then set it aside. I like to line my pan with parchment paper or foil to prevent the bars from sticking to the pan.
Melt your chocolate in the microwave until melted and set aside to cool a bit. Then work on mixing up your cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Then work in the sour cream and eggs.
Scoop out 1 cup of batter and then when the chocolate is cooled, mix in the smaller bowl of batter.
Mix until completely combined, and then set your bowl to the side to work on the crust.
Take your crushed Oreos and add the melted butter and then mix up well. Press into your pan, making it packed.
Spread the chocolate batter in the pan, and then add dollops of the white cheesecake on top.
Use a knife or even a toothpick to swirl the cheesecake. This is going to help blend the chocolate and vanilla.
Bake as directed, and then allow the cheesecake to cool. Once the bars are cooled, place them in the fridge to allow them to set up.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings, and slice and serve the chilled bars.
Recipe tips and variations
- I used Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, but you are welcome to use any chocolate you want. For a less sweet, you could do milk chocolate instead.
- Feel free to swap the Oreo crust out with a classic graham cracker crust if you want to get away from some of the chocolate.
- Make sure the eggs get fully incorporated into the batter.
- When you stir the chocolate into the cheesecake batter, make sure the chocolate is cooled, or it will begin to cook the batter.
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerate: Store any leftover cheesecake bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3-5 days.
- Freeze: To freeze cheesecake bars, place it in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 months.
How to serve
This cream cheese bar recipe is best served as a dessert. Simply make it up and serve at parties, summer cookouts, take to bake sales, and more.
Frequently asked questions
If you were to slice right into these cheesecake bars, you will find they don’t hold their shape. The cheesecake center is soft, and it won’t give you a clean cut.
You can make these bars with vanilla batter or all chocolate. Feel free to make it how you would prefer.
If you want, chop up some Oreo cookies and sprinkle them on top or mix them in the cheesecake batter. Don’t do too many, but a few cookies won’t be a problem.
Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 23 Oreos regular or double stuffed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oz Baker’s semi sweet chocolate melted & cooled
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Sauce
- 1 candy bar to make chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray. For easier removal, you may line the pan with foil or parchment paper; spray the liner with non-stick spray.
- Start by melting the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish. Cook for 30seconds, stir the chocolate and cook for another 10 seconds if needed. Set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor, crush up the Oreos until they are in fine pieces. Add in the melted butter and process until all the Oreos are coated. Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add in the sour cream and mix again. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each egg.
- Scoop1 cup of batter to reserve for later. If the chocolate is completely cooled, mix it into the remaining batter. Pour the chocolate batter over the cookie crust. Then spoon dollops of the reserved batter all over the top and swirl the two batters with a knife.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the edges are a light golden brown and the middle is almost set. Cool and refrigerate for a few hours before cutting.
- When you are ready to cut the bars, slice the cheesecake into 16 bars and then drizzle it with the chocolate sauce. To make chocolate shavings, use a vegetable peeler and shave the candy bar's sides all over your cheesecake's top. Enjoy!
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!
Leave a Reply