This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand. I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Do you know what makes this the best cheeseburger recipe? The toppings, the burger, and the bun. It all equals the perfect combination! Make this for your next backyard bbq party and your guests will be begging for the recipe.
Are you looking for the perfect canvas for your art? Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sauce, a big patty, delicious and beautiful toppings! I’m talking about burger art! The art of the burger, all of those beautiful toppings need the perfect vessel. We love using a hearty white bun topped with sesame seeds. We chose Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Buns for our best cheeseburger recipe. They offer Hearty White topped with sesame seeds, Rustic Potato, and Stone Ground Wheat. They’re slightly bigger than your traditional burger bun, making room for all the toppings we like to load onto our burger. At the same time they’re still perfectly sized for our little one to enjoy her minimal toppings.
MUST HAVES FOR THE BEST CHEESEBURGER RECIPE:
- HEARTY BUN
- PERFECTLY SEASONING PATTY (whether it’s vegetarian, poultry, fish or meat)
TIPS FOR SERVING BURGERS TO A CROWD:
We highly suggest having multiple options for a crowd when entertaining. We like having two varieties of buns (white & wheat), different burger options (chicken, beef, and veggie), plus lots of toppings! Also, some people don’t like cheese so we always make sure that we have some with and some without.
Now this wouldn’t be the best cheeseburger without the best burger patty recipe. The best hamburger recipe is a simple one in our opinion. Don’t do too much to the meat. Just a little salt and pepper. Sometimes we even use a bit of seasoned salt, but nothing crazy!
Our whole family loves burgers, and we enjoy our toppings. I love making tons of toppings, so much that you usually can’t fit it all. We have the usual lettuce, cheese, tomato, but I love making a homemade sauce and some other veggies. For our burger, I went with our caramelized favorites, mushrooms and onions!
My toddler sticks with the traditional stuff like cheese, lettuce and of course the burger itself.
My husband demonstrated our loaded burger and didn’t it look gorgeous? All those delicious toppings, nom!
Our Best Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 pt sliced portobella mushrooms
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse Hearty Buns
- spicy roasted red pepper mayo
- green leaf lettuce
- Heat up a large cast iron pan.
- Shape meat into four patties and place onto cast iron pan.
- Season beef patties with salt and pepper.
- Cook on both sides until desired doneness (we like well done, about 8-10 minutes per side).
- Preheat oven to 400 and place the mushrooms and onions with coconut oil onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes or until caramelized.
- Once the burgers are done, cover them with cheddar cheese.
- Place lettuce, tomato, burger, mayo, and caramelized mushrooms and onions onto bottom bun.
- Top with other side of bun and enjoy!
We make enough sauce to serve on the side with fries. If you feel so inclined, you can also give your burger a dunk in the sauce. It’s that good! We could have done more like bacon or pickles, but this flavor combination is what makes this our best cheeseburger recipe!