Pizza Bagels are the perfect snack for kids or adults. They can even be served as a meal for pizza night. Add pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings!
Pizza Bagels are such a nostalgic treat for us. They’re so easy to make and you can even make them ahead and keep them in the refrigerator for the short term or freeze them for the a bit longer!
You’ll love how customizable these are and the fact that you can cater to allergens. We make these into dairy free pizza by using dairy free cheese.
Recipe ingredients and notes
- Bagels – We use good quality bagels from our local bagel place, but you can also use regular supermarket bagels.
- Pizza Sauce – Don’t have pizza sauce? Mix a bit of pasta sauce with some dried basil, oregano, and granulated garlic to give it a pizza sauce taste.
- Shredded Mozzarella – We are dairy free and the best vegan shredded mozzarella by far is Follow Your Heart shredded mozzarella.
- Toppings – Use your favorite toppings! We cut large pepperoni into mini pepperoni using a tiny round cutter for this. You can also use things like black olives, peppers, mushrooms, sausage, and yes even pineapple!
How to make pizza bagels
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make pizza bagels, see the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice bagels in half and lay them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet with the cut side up
Next, spread on the pizza sauce, sprinkle on the cheese, and add any pepperoni or other desired toppings.
Next, you’ll place the baking sheet into the oven for about 8 to 12 minutes. You want the cheese nice and melty and the bagel toasty.
Remove the bagels from the oven and enjoy once they’re cool enough to handle without burning your hands and mouth.
Recipe tips and variations
- Don’t have pizza sauce on hand? Use marinara and add some oregano, basil, and garlic powder to taste.
- We use dairy free cheese. Our preferred dairy free shredded mozzarella is Follow Your Heart finely shredded mozzarella.
- You can also do this with mini bagels to make mini pizza bagels, extra fun if you like bagel bites from the store!
- When it comes to vegan cheese a little goes a long way! If you use too much the taste is just too overpowering and has a sweet taste, we find a little bit still gives the feel of cheese so you can enjoy dairy free pizza bagels, but too much doesn’t taste good.
- Pizza Bagels are a great way to use day old bagels.
- These store well in the refrigerator or freezer.
Storage and reheating tips
- Refrigerate: Store pizza bagel leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy them within 2-3 days.
- Freeze: To freeze pizza bagels; add the sauce, cheese, and toppings and then freeze on a baking sheet. Once frozen solid place them in an airtight freezer safe container and freeze for 2-4 months.
- Reheat: To reheat leftover pizza bagels you can use your oven or air fryer at 400 degrees F for about 5-6 minutes, oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or toaster oven for 3-4 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! In fact, the ones from the freezer section use shelf-stable bagels.
Absolutely! We recommend only using cooked toppings like cooked sausage, and cooked chicken, but you can use whatever toppings you like on regular pizza.
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe 🖤 Save
- 4 plain bagels sliced in half
- 1 cup pizza sauce see notes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella see notes
- 8 slices pepperoni chopped, or use mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the bagels halves onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with the cut side up.
- Spread on the pizza sauce, add the shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni or preferred pizza toppings.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Time will vary depending on the size of your bagels and the toppings.
- Remove the bagels from the oven and allow them to cool enough to not burn the roof of your mouth, ouch!
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!