Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup – Simple and delicious holiday soup recipe.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
There is always at least 3 1liter Vintage® Seltzer bottles in our fridge at all times. Why three? One original for cooking, one wild cherry for me, and one lemon-lime for hubby! I actually love all the flavors, but these are just the ones in the fridge, not including what we store in the closet, ha! I love to drink seltzer, but it’s also really great in recipes. I love using it when a recipe calls for a soda, but my favorite use is Matzo Balls! My grandma made the best matzo balls and she passed down her recipe. I had so many veggie scraps leftover on Thanksgiving so I made a vegetable broth and viola, vegetable matzo ball soup.
Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Original Seltzer Water
- 2 Cups Matzo Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- Beat eggs, oil, seasonings, and seltzer.
- Add egg mixture into a large bowl with the matzo meal, mix until combined.
- Place into the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Roll into balls and place into a large pot with boiling water.
- Boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Once they are done add into your broth of choice
Luckily most if not all the stores I go to carry it and I typically purchase at either ShopRite or Wegmans!
Growing up I had drinks that had added colors & dyes, sugars, high fructose corn syrup, calories and even sodium. Vintage Seltzer is free of all that. It’s a better alternative to the sugary bubbly stuff. Only two ingredients, Carbonated Water & Natural Flavors!