Try our baked potato soup recipe, the ultimate comfort food soup! This is a loaded baked potato soup recipe, you can add as much or as little baked potato toppings as you like.
This Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup has chunks of Potatoes, Bacon and even lean pork. The added pork chops (boneless!) make it a complete meal when you pair it with a side salad.
Baked Potato Soup is actually my favorite soup from Panera, but due to the ingredients my daughter can’t eat it. That’s no fun! Plus it’s filled with some questionable ingredients that we rather not eat. I love making this at home since it’s super easy to cook and doesn’t take too much effort. Kay GOBBLES it up. Seriously, she’d eat the whole bowl in seconds if I let her! I have to tell her to pace herself, there’s more!
What’s great about this Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe is that you can add even more veggies if you like. Sometimes I’ll add cauliflower and broccoli and my family still devours it. The best part is obviously the bacon. I do try to heighten the bacon flavor and smoked paprika really helps! I love the smokey flavor and it really compliments this soup! Chris and I actually like to put a few dashes of hot sauce in our soup too. It’s ridiculous good.. try it!
We were on a baked potato kick for awhile and you could even use this baked potato recipe for the potatoes. We rarely have leftovers of this soup, but when we do it’s even better. I just love leftovers, the flavors really come out the next day! I either warm it up on the stove or place it into ramekins and place in the oven for about 20 minutes. In this arctic cold it’s nice to be able to heat the house and fill out tummy too!
Our Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe is truly a family favorite recipe around here. I make it at least 2x a month! We hope you enjoy it too 🙂
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Pork Chop
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 3-5 Baked Potatoes , skinned and chopped (3 large idaho or 5 medium yukon/reds)
- 4 Cups Milk
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese , softened
- 1-2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/8 Cup Parmesan Cheese , grated
- 1 Tablespoon Flour , to thicken.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- *Cooked Bacon and Sliced Scallions for Garnish
- In a large pot fry up the pork chop with bacon.
- Once browned flip the pork chop and add in the onions, smoked paprika and butter.
- Chop up the pork chop and bacon once fully cooked.
- Add in the potatoes and milk and slowly warm up (careful to not curdle the milk!).
- Stir in the cream cheese and parmesan
- Once it's warm combine a little of the soup with some flour to thicken.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.