Have fun making and enjoying this Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board! You can use your favorite treats and goodies to fill your wooden board.
Making a Valentine’s Day charcuterie board is so much fun, and you can really get creative with all of the fun options and treats to serve on the board. What we love is how you can easily customize your board to whatever your family and friends like. This includes making it allergy friendly as our son is allergic to many of the top 8 allergens.
You can add store-bought items but some of our favorite things to add are our homemade treats like mini chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, Valentine’s Day rolo pretzels, red velvet truffles, and nonpareil candy.
Recipe ingredient notes:
The beauty of this Valentine’s Day charcuterie board is you can use whatever ingredients you like. Here are a few of our favorite things to include:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies – We use our traditional chocolate chip cookies recipe and made it mini!
- Oreos – We love Oreo cookies and they’re allergy friendly for us.
- Various Marshmallows – We found some cute pink marshmallows at our local Target.
- Various Candies – We go for allergy friendly candy like Starburst, Skittles, Twizzlers, and Smarties.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels – We use Enjoy Life chocolate chips to make our chocolate covered pretzels.
- Enjoy Life Coco Loco Chewy Bars – I like to roll these into little balls, my kids LOVE them!
Be sure to watch our easy video in the recipe card below showing how to make a Valentine’s Day charcuterie board.
First, you’ll want to pick out a food-safe board.
Once you find the board you want to use you’ll want to protect it by using some parchment paper. Cut the parchment paper to size.
Now the fun part, you can arrange the ingredients however you like.
Recipe tips and variations:
- Have fun with the ingredients! You can easily make it tailored to your specific dietary needs.
- Make sure you’re using a food safe board.
- We protect our board by using parchment paper cut to size.
- Not serving right away? You can cover it up in plastic wrap to keep it fresh. I like to prep it a few hours before I know I’ll be serving. This way I can work on other things.
We typically serve this right away or at most a day after making. To keep it fresh, you can put everything into containers and then place it all onto the board prior to your guests enjoying it. You can also cover it in plastic wrap to keep everything from becoming stale.
How to serve:
We like to serve when our guests first arrive so they can enjoy all the goodies right away. You can also serve it right after a meal if you’re having guests over to eat as well.
Frequently asked questions:
We recommend serving the day of or after making as long as your wrap it airtight. Do not put any items that require refrigeration on the board until just before serving.
We love using rustic boards or cutting boards. We go for round charcuterie boards, but you can also use square or rectangle shapes. We used a fun lazy Susan tree bark board for this recipe.
The beauty of this is you can go as big or as small as you want.
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- Prep a food safe board to display all the ingredients by using cut to size parchment paper.
- Arrange the ingredients as desired on the parchment lined board. For small ingredients, you can also use little bowls or jars.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.