From scratch, Apple Fritter Breakfast Cake! This base is a light and fluffy white cake mix with apples mixed in. Brown sugar and cinnamon are swirled throughout and then it’s topped with walnuts and a powdered sugar glaze, yum!
If you’re looking for the perfect fall cake to serve with breakfast, brunch, or even dessert, this is the cake! It’s perfect for your freshly picked apples and a sweet treat the whole family will enjoy.
WHAT MAKES THIS A GOOD BREAKFAST CAKE?
When enjoying your coffee you just want something sweet right? Well, say goodbye to donuts and hello to this apple fritter cake. You can slice it into 9 servings or even prepare in muffin tins. It definitely hits the sweet craving and you’ll love the bits of nuts and apples with the delicious glaze on top.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE FRITTER CAKE
To make you’ll need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then you’re going to line your baking pan and spray it with nonstick spray if needed and set aside. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, the flour and baking powder in another bowl and set aside.
Now you’ll get started on the wet mixture by beating the granulated sugar with the butter and then adding in the vanilla and eggs one at a time and mixing until combined. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix and then fold in the grated apples.
Once the batter is combined you can pour it into the prepared baking pan. Top the batter with the cinnamon-sugar mixture and swirl it in using a butter knife and before baking top with the walnuts. You’ll want to bake for 40-50 minutes total.
Remove the apple fritter cake from the oven and then drizzle with the glaze and slice and serve as desired.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH APPLE FRITTER BREAKFAST CAKE?
For a light breakfast treat we serve with fresh squeezed orange juice, pumpkin spice coffee, and tea. If making a full breakfast you could do yogurt, breakfast egg muffins, scrambled eggs, challah french toast, pancakes, or waffles.
MORE APPLE RECIPES:
- Apple Donut Recipe
- Apple Streusel Muffins with Applesauce
- Chocolate Covered Apple Donuts
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Dairy-Free Apple Pie
- Apple Dump Cake
This article was written by Courtney’s Sweets, the recipe is from our guest chef Amanda.
Apple Fritter Breakfast Cake
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 granny smith apples grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts crushed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- To make you'll need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then you'll prepare an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray or you can line with parchment or foil and then spray. The lined pans are easiest to remove.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the granulated sugar, butter, and then add in the vanilla extract, buttermilk, and eggs one at a time until combined
- Mix the baking powder with flour and then fold the wet mix with the dry mix.
- Grate the apples and fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on top of the cake batter and then swirl it throughout the batter using a butter knife.
- Top the cake with the walnuts and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar to make the glaze.
- Remove the cake from the oven and then drizzle with the glaze.
- Slice and serve as desired.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.